The weather has not got any better (with forcasts of -6C during the day tomorrow), and the Health & Safety issues concerning transporting the bikes through the snow were considered paramount in making the decision to cancel. Even with the very generous loan of a bike transporter fromSpeed Superbike Centre in Exeter, we still felt it was too risky.
Also, there were a significant number of supporters planning on travelling some distances to attend the event, and we felt that it was unfair to ask people to make such an effort in poor weather conditions.
This is a huge disappointment to us, as it was our major fundraising event of the year so far. If you are reading this and can make a donation to help fund the ongoing running costs for the service, please click the "DONATE" button at the top of the site. Remember - £5 will take a Blood Bike 40 miles!
We will be holding a meeting for all volunteers at the Gissons Hotel, Kennford (Directions) on Wednesday, 12th January at 7pm. Please look to attend if you've expressed an interest in getting involved.